What Is The Accelerated Reader?
The Accelerated Reader, or AR,
is a learning information system that enables freestanding
computer-assisted assessment of student comprehension of "real" books.
To find out more about how this program is used at Chapman, visit the Chapman Library web page.
- more frequent and more detailed assessment in less time and with greater consistency
- formative feedback for the student
- student development of metacognitive awareness
- increased student motivation to read more, longer, and harder books
- formative feedback for the teacher
- class-wide diagnostic information, including alerts regarding students who are at risk
- teacher promotion and management of effective reading practice